Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Counseling in Grade 5

It is hard to believe we are already in our second week of the 2018-2019 school year. Students are happy, settling back into the school routine, and diving into new learning. My name is Heidi PIerce and I am one of Graded's Lower School Counselors. I work with students and families in grades 3, 4, and 5. This year I will be the counselor working with students in grade 5.

As a counselor, I support students in a variety of ways including socially, emotionally, behaviorally, and academically. This happens during classroom instruction, small group instruction, and 1:1 support. Your child has a counseling class one block every 8-day cycle. During these in-class lessons, we cover topics such as friendship, empathy, problem-solving, culture and identity, learning styles, organization, transitions, safe and unsafe touch, and more. As I remind students, my job is to help us become better humans.

I work closely with families to ensure their children are healthy, happy, and safe at school Should you need to schedule
an appointment, please email me at heidi.pierce@graded.br or contact Beth Coelho or Tamires Carvalho in the lower school office.

I am already looking forward to all this year has to offer. Be well.
Ms. Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment